Saturday, February 26, 2022

Best Animated Short blog - 10th anniversary


Over the past few days I've been watching and rewatching the Oscar nominated short films from the past ten years in order to formulate by rankings. There's already been some changes from the individual rankings from each year, but who knows if this is going to be any more.

Meanwhile earlier this week an important milestone passed by with little notice. It was ten years ago, on February 24, 2012, that I wrote the first post in my blog, and introduction to what I intended was an attempt to review all of the Best Animated Short nominees. Little did I know that even with a six-month hiatus and a spacing out of the reviews, I'd get done with all the reviews by 2013. Over the next eight years the blog has been lying dormant for ten months before coming to life again around the time of the next Academy Awards. I've had some ideas of other animation-related posts, but they never got written. I haven't even reviewed Last Day of Freedom, the animated documentary nominated for an Oscar. I've had somebody start a Facebook group of which Frank Mouris, Oscar winner for Frank Film, was a member, but I never really put any effort in growing it. I suppose I've come to a crossroads over what exactly I want to do with the blog. I suppose it'll end up being the status quo because I'm too lazy for anything else, but we shall see.

Meanwhile enjoy this new collage of the first 89 winners in this category. Who would be the 90th? I hope it's Affairs of the Art, but really who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment